Barcelona, in Spain, is synonymous with football! Yes, Barcelona is indeed known for its football team, which is part of the European league and very famous with the young crowd, but football is not the only thing that makes the place unique. Barcelona is one of the most enthralling cities in the world and is on the list of every avid traveller. The enchantment of this place can leave anyone in awe. There are many London to Barcelona flights in a week and the shortest route will get you to the city in about 2 hours 10 minutes.
Where to go in Barcelona
This largest and the capital city of Catalonia and the most populous municipality in Spain is home to some uniquely alluring places that can be visited by the tourists. Here is a quick list.
- Sagrada Familia: This is an architectural masterpiece that is still in the making. Originally, the construction began in the year 1882 for this gothic cathedral, and it is a must visit site for all the people who have an interest in construction and architecture.
- La Rambla: Shopping enthusiasts can visit this boulevard for all sorts of entertainment and activities. Some astonishing sites can be discovered while the pedestrians cover the distance on foot, along the way. This street also happens to have two museums, a wax museum and an erotica museum. Also, if you wish to bring back souvenirs, paintings or something else, this is the ideal place to look for. Many art performances take place in La Rambla. It is also attached to a seafront, which is the perfect spot to spend some leisurely time with the family.
- Casa batllò: It is another masterpiece that belongs to the city and is considered as one of the most unique pieces of art that one will ever come across.
- Museu Picasso: Exquisite work of Picasso is on display in Museu Picasso to be admired by the fanatic lovers of art.
- La Boquería: It is an indoor market, which has been in existence for over 100 years. It began as an open market in 1200, when farmers sold their products there, but now it is a tourist spot where culinary classes are given by experts and various restaurants and cafes have been opened for the people.
- Montjuïc: It is a hill at low ground with broad area, and has the Olympic rings as its major attraction along with a sports complex that can accommodate many sports.
Barcelona has become a tourist place due to its architectural beauty that lures people from all over the world. This city truly has a world of its own that one cannot find anywhere else. Also, anyone who visits it would vouch for the excellent stay that one can get in the city. So, do not wait anymore, pack your bags take your family on a trip that would help you bond with your loved ones all over again.…